About Westside Music School
Westside Music School – Where the Music Begins!
Whether you’re a parent or looking for adult piano lessons you have a choice between many music academies, music studios and music schools. All music instruction is not the same.
The Westside Music School Difference
The Westside Music School believes that the music begins within each student and that within every student, regardless of age, there is talent and promise. Our music teachers provide piano lessons and keyboard lessons in a classroom approach, following the Harmony Road Curriculum, so that students are nurtured and supported by one another. When attending music classes at Westside, you always be in an emotionally and physically safe environment that is positive, secure, fun and focused on the joy of learning, the nurturing of self-worth and a love of music.
At Westside Music School, we do much more than simply teach people to play instruments. We are music teachers because we believe when you learn to play the piano or keyboard, you’ll become more human, more easily recognize beauty, become more sensitive, compassionate and gentle, and will live life more fully.
Since 1988, over 5,000 students from the greater west side areas of Multnomah & Washington Counties (including Portland, Beaverton, Aloha, Tigard, Hillsboro) have taken music lessons at the Westside Music School. Throughout the last 20 years Westside Music School has grown to become one of the largest music schools in the Portland, Oregon area offering classes in piano, keyboard and early childhood music.
We don’t believe that we are the best because we are one of the largest. Rather, we believe that the numbers reflect the fact that families think we are the best.
We constantly upgrade our facilities and equipment, and provide ongoing musical education and training to our office staff, music teachers, piano teachers and keyboard teachers to ensure that we will always provide the best music instruction experience possible.
Westside Music School understands that you have many choices when looking at music studios and music schools.
Here are just a few of the differences you’ll experience at Westside:
- Qualified music instruction (degreed, tested, trained, experienced) teachers
- Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend music classes
- Optimum music class sizes – maximum 10 students per class
- Age appropriate music instruction programs available for all ages – toddlers (as young as 18 months) through adults
- Specializing in piano lessons, keyboard lessons, music lessons and early childhood music classes available at one location
- Convenient class schedules – most classes are available weekdays, evenings, Saturdays
- Performance opportunities (low-pressure recitals) offered at least twice a year at no additional charge
- Desk staff available to assist you during all teaching hours, every day
ARE YOU BRAND NEW TO MUSIC LESSONS?
FIND OUT WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
Click on the link below.
5 Ways to Get the Most Out of Music Lessons
Westside Music School
1800 NW 167th Place, Suite 110
Beaverton, Oregon 97006
From the Chorus
"Your kind words mean a lot to me and I appreciate it. I’m grateful to have had you as my piano teacher and will continue to integrate music throughout my life. Although my schedule seems hectic and cluttered, I will find time for music. There is a piano in every hall at OSU, so you’ll probably find me there once in a while. Again, thank you!"
-- Thuy-Duong, Graduating Senior